The Snohomish County Football Club (aka Steelheads) and Titans FC are proud to announce their partnership in creating an innovative and comprehensive youth soccer academy curriculum, “Train with the Pros”. This new program is designed to provide a fun, challenging environment for young soccer players of all levels, helping them reach their full potential both on and off the field, all while playing alongside current and former professional and semi-professional players.
The curriculum will focus on developing technical skills, game intelligence, and decision-making abilities. It will also emphasize the importance of teamwork, respect for opponents, and responsibility as a player.
When asked Adam Nowland, Director of Coaching at Titans FC about his experience and talking about Titans FC: “I started Titans back in 2013 after retiring from being a professional player in England for 12 years. As a UEFA-qualified coach, I have been coaching youth soccer for 15 years now. We’ve seen great success with our current 7 club locations, over 100 teams, and 1500 players.” – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Nowland
The Steelheads President & Chairman Dorian Lair had this to say: “We believe that providing young players with the opportunity to develop their skills in an engaging environment is essential to their development as both athletes and people. We are excited about this partnership with Titans FC as it provides us with an opportunity to work together towards our shared goal of creating a positive experience for every player involved while allowing them to get a taste of what semi-professional soccer is like.”
Titans FC currently stands at 7 club locations throughout the state of Washington, offering programs for players ages 4-18. The Steelheads organization is new to the youth development scene and will rely on the experience of Nowlands Titans FC to help bring out the best in each individual player, provide top-quality coaching experience and resources, and help The Steelheads tap into the youth soccer community, providing an outlet for the underserved.
This new collaboration between the two organizations is sure to make an impact on soccer development starting in the City of Lynnwood, ultimately growing across Puget Sound, while providing aspiring young athletes with an exciting opportunity they won’t find anywhere else.
- Curriculum designed by experienced professionals
- Focuses on developing key skills
- Provides a fun and challenging environment
- Helps players reach their full potential
We asked Adam a few more questions in a brief interview:
- How will you be helping the Steelheads, and why did you choose us? I will be supporting the Steelheads’ efforts to serve the Lynnwood community through their free soccer training program at Meadowdale Playfields. I am excited to partner with the Steelheads because I believe in their organization and the people that run it.
- What themes do you typically employ for youth soccer? I believe that soccer is a great vehicle to teach youth valuable life skills that can help them in whatever path they choose to follow. I base my coaching around teaching these life skills and the basic fundamentals of the game in a fun environment.
- What else are you excited about with our partnership? It is always exciting to bring together two like-minded organizations to serve the community. I am really looking forward to helping the Steelheads make a positive impact in the community.
- Favorite Team: Liverpool
- Favorite Coach: Bill Shankly
- Favorite Player: Steven Gerrard
Registration for the Steelheads “Train With The Pros” Academy is currently OPEN. The academy will start on March 2nd Tuesday & Thursday at 7:00 pm at Meadowdale Playfields in Lynnwood
We want to thank all at the City of Lynnwood for providing the means to host such a program, and giving us the opportunity to make a positive impact on the community!
You must be logged in to post a comment.